Simple Comments Benefits:
- Spambots are blocked before they fill up your spam folder.
- Hackbots and botnets are blocked before they hack into your WordPress blog, and before they can register fake accounts.
- Dramatically reduces database queries, since it blocks spambots and hackbots rather than writing their data to the database. This can give your site a boost in speed, and save you money depending on your hosting plan.
- SEO hacking is blocked. Link injection is rendered harmless, because comment links are turned into plain text automatically.
- Cross site scripting (XSS) attacks are rendered harmless in comments.
- Redirection, aka hijacking, scripts cannot be used in comments.
- Cross site request forgery (CSRF) is rendered harmless in comments.
- Brute Force attacks, on login forms, are stopped on the first try, not after several attempts to login, but authorized users are never locked out.
- Prevents XML-RPC pingback service DDOS attacks.
- The option to disable all XML-RPC services to prevent DDOS attacks.
From the moment Simple Comments is activated you will never have to worry about spambots or hackbots again. It’s not magic, it’s solid security that cannot be found in any other plugin or service for WordPress. Read a few of the product Reviews from our customers to see how Simple Comments has impacted them.
The screenshot of the comment form below shows Simple Comments providing security in the background, so visitors will not have to do anything except leave a comment. No matter what form is being protected, Simple Comments does its work invisibly.
Simple Comments has been tested against thousands of other spam plugins, and not a single one could block spambots without identifying some real comments as spam, not even Akismet. Simple Comments is the only plugin that never blocks real comments, only spam. We help customers every day stop floods of spam instantly. Many of our customers were previously using Akismet, plus one or two other spam plugins, before they found all they needed was Simple Comments.
Unlike other plugins and services, Simple Comments doesn’t fill up your spam folder with comment spam, it blocks spam, so you don’t have to review it, unless you want to. Simple Comments gives you the choice to review spam, or just let Simple Comments block it. Rest assured, Simple Comments will never block real comments.
Hackbots are a real and constant threat for any website. Simple Comments will also block hackbots from taking over your blog, and ruining your reputation, or business.
Protecting blogs from spammers and hackers isn’t just about giving you less to worry about, or saving a ton of time everyday, it’s also about preventing spambots and hackbots from taking over your personal blog or business blog to ruin your credibility, reputation, and search engine optimization you’ve worked so hard for.
Simple Comments currently protects the following forms:
- WordPress Comment form (Spambot protection)
- Gravity Forms (Spambot protection)
- Contact Form 7 (Spambot protection)
- WordPress login form (Hackbot protection)
- WordPress user registration form (Hackbot protection)
- WooCommerce Product Review form (Spambot protection)
- WooCommerce Product Enquiry Form (Spambot protection)
- WooCommerce 2.1 Login Form (Hackbot protection is only available from Simple Comments)
- WooCommerce 2.1 Registration Form (Hackbot protection is only available from Simple Comments)
We are waiting for the JetPack team to add our hooks for the JetPack Contact Form so it can be protected from spambots.
Block Unwanted Commenters or Manual Spammers
Sometimes guests overstay their welcome, but refuse to leave. Commenters can be blocked using the Simple Comments block list.
Simple Comments Cleans Up Your Unwanted Comment Trash
Although Simple Comments won’t send any spam to your spam folder, unless you choose that option, but don’t worry about cleaning up, Simple Comments will do it for you.
Spammers leave links in their comments that damage the search engine optimization of your blog. Those backlinks can cause your blog to lose page ranking and other metrics. Simple Comments provides the option to strip out the HTML from comments so those backlinks are transformed from a damaging link to plain text.
High Traffic Blogs
Simple Comments was designed to scale, so it can handle the largest spam and hack attacks thrown at it without even breaking a sweat. The plugin protects blogs getting over 35 million visitors per month, and more than tens of thousands of spam, and hack attempts, per day.
Comments in Your Language
Simple Comments is fully localized to provide automatic translation into your language.
Installation and Upgrades
Once installed, Simple Comments can be updated automatically just like any other WordPress plugin from your WordPress dashboard.
If you have never installed a plugin from a zip file before, we will be happy to provide instructions, or to install the plugin for you. Your satisfaction, and opinion of our products and service, are important to us.
- WordPress 3.1 or later
- Single site or Multisite WordPress installation
- PHP 5
How Does the Licensing Work?
A single site installation of WordPress counts as one blog activation.
A multisite WordPress installation that has 5 blogs would be 5 activations, not 1 activation for all blogs.
Simple Comments Affiliate Program
Although we do not offer an affiliate program, we do offer several bulk license activation packages that make it possible to resell Simple Comments as part of a service package, or however you want to offer it. The only catch is that we provide support to the license holder only. The only other limitation is that you not represent yourself as the plugin developer.